What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An Overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our Standard Overdraft Practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payment
Unless you authorize us, we will not pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- ATM Transactions
- Everyday debit cards transactions
What fees will I be charged if Hartford Firefighters FCU pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $32.00 each time we pay an ATM or everyday card overdraft. The fee will be $32.00 for all other overdraft transactions.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
Please be mindful that if we do pay any ATM and everyday Debit Card Charges, you will be required to bring your share draft checking account positive within 30 days, for a period of 24 hours. If your share draft checking account remains negative after this time, it will be closed on the 46th day after you first became negative.