Protect your future with our insurance options.
Protect your Future with myHFFCU
What is Life Insurance?
A life insurance policy from myHFFCU can help your loved ones pay college tuition, mortgage payments, and even help cover retirement income gaps in the event of your passing.
Do I need Life Insurance?
If you have anyone that depends on you financially or if you don’t want to leave your loved ones with burial costs or debt, then the answer is yes. And if you’re just starting out and want to lock in an affordable rate for when you have a family, different types of life insurance can help with that, too.
Benefits of Life Insurance:
- Tax Advantages
- Prevent Debt Burden
- Protect Finances from Catastrophe
- Ability to become Collateral
- Straight-Forward Policy Terms
Life insurance options offered by
What is Disability Insurance?
Disability insurance provides supplementary income if an illness or accident results in a disability that prevents you from working. It is especially important if your family relies on you as its main source of income. myHFFCU offers Disability through CUNA Mutual.
Benefits of Disability Insurance:
- Protect your way of life
- Help preserve your independence without burdening others
- Pay your mortgage, rent, or other bills while you are recovering
- Short and Long Term options
- Monthly Payments adjusted for Cost of Living
What is Guaranteed Asset Protection?
GAP is program that we offer for your new or used vehicle loan. This financial protection covers the difference in the balance on a car and its declared value, as determined by your primary insurance carrier, in the event that it is damaged beyond repair or stolen and never recovered. GAP is a supplemental coverage that enhances, rather than replaces, your standard comprehensive, collision, or liability coverage.
Benefits of GAP Insurance:
- GAP is inexpensive.
- Filing a claim is quick and easy.
- Enrollment is easy and coverage begins immediately.
- Coverage is offered for a variety of vehicle types, new and used.
- Up to $1,000 of your insurance deductible is covered, as part of the deficiency balance.
How GAP Works:
GAP will waive the difference between what the insurance company paid (ACV-actual cash value) and the loan amount, if the loan amount is higher.
Vehicle ACV $11,000
Insurance Settlement $10,500
Outstanding Loan Balance $15,000
Insurance Settlement $10,500
Loan Balance After Insurance Settlement $4,500
In this example, GAP will pay $4,500 to cover the remaining loan balance deficiency.
What is Extended Warranty?
Manufacturer warranties can be valuable, but the protection they provide is limited. myHFFCU’s Extended Warranty allows you to supplement your manufacturer’s warranty, providing services such as towing, rental reimbursement and roadside assistance, as well as repair costs after your warranty expires. The policy is not only priced lower than extended warranties of dealerships but also offers a more affordable premium.
Benefits of Extended Warranty:
- $0 deductible
- Includes 24-hour roadside assistance
- Expanded coverage for vehicles with high mileage (over 100,000)
- Reduces out of pocket expenses for unexpected repairs
- Rental car reimbursement in the event of mechanical breakdown
- 60 Day Free Look
The following vehicles are examples of Premium Vehicles for pricing: BMW – 1, 3, 5, Series, Any V10, Mercedes – C & E Class (all CL Class Mercedes vehicles are excluded), Cadillac, Hummer, Volvo, Mini Cooper, All Hybrids and All Diesels.
You can add this benefit during your auto loan application process. If you would like to add the myHFFCU Extended Warranty to your existing myHFFCU Auto Loan, call Member Services at (860) 246-5236.