Now offering Courtesy Pay to members with checking accounts!
Protect your Checking account with Courtesy Pay.
More than ever, protecting your finances is important. Prepare your checking account for the unexpected with myHFFCU Courtesy Pay. With $500.00 of overdraft protection, you can lower your stress and keep your checking account up to date.
Benefits of Courtesy Pay:
- Avoid insufficient funds when depositing a check
- Protect your account from excessive overdraft fees
- Stop overdrafts of Automatic payments
- Save yourself from a $39 NSF (insufficient funds) fee!
An overdraft occurs when a check, debit card, ATM or other electronic transaction is presented to the Credit Union and the balance in your account is insufficient to settle the transaction, or funds previously deposited have not been made available. Depending on your arrangements with the Credit Union, we can resolve your overdrafts in the following manners:
We offer a non-contractual Courtesy Pay service
- Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual service which allows the Credit Union’s discretionary payment of overdrafts for accounts maintained in good standing. There is no charge to have Courtesy Pay available on your account; however, a $32 fee is charged each time you utilize the service
Accounts maintained in good standing are defined as:
- Making regular deposits sufficient to cover transactions
- Having a positive balance at least once every 30 days or less
- There are no legal orders outstanding against the account
We may authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- ATM Withdrawals
We will NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Loan payments for myHFFCU loans
The Credit Union reserves the right to pay overdrafts at our sole discretion. We do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any or all overdraft transactions. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined or returned.
What if I want the Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
You can authorize the Credit Union to consider all transactions including everyday debit card and ATM transactions for overdraft payment by authorizing us to do so and completing the opt-in form below. If you have Courtesy Pay and do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, we may authorize and pay the transaction. We will charge a non-sufficient funds fee of $32 for each item that overdraws the account.
How much will I be charged if the Credit Union pays my overdraft or if I utilize the Courtesy Pay program? Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $32 for each item that overdraws the account.